World-first Direct Drive technology offered by Sunvertec is smaller, lighter and more efficient than any other on the market.
Direct Drive Inverters convert power from low voltage isolated DC power sources to high voltage AC suitable from mains power. The inverters are high power with low harmonics making then ideal for UPS and on or off-grid application.
Direct Drive technology carries significant advantages over traditional inverters including:
- Ultra low cost: power conversion below 10c/W.
- Record efficiency: <0.6% losses for storage, anticipated <1% Solar PV (incl. MPPT).
- Smaller: Just 0.4cc/W for storage. Sonex’s 5kW inverter takes up about 2L of space.
- Lighter: 0.4g/W for storage. Sonex’s 5kW inverter weighs in around 2kg.
- High surge capability: system can easily supply double the design current for short periods of time.
- Flexible power conversion: inverter can target DC through AC, including harmonic reduction for power conditioning functions.
- Modular: Direct Drive architecture is modular and scale-able, making it ideally suited for renewable energy applications.
- Unlike micro-inverters, only the minimum electronics necessary is duplicated per source. Primary “slew” functionality and grid interface is commoned out to a single device per string.
The technology behind Direct Drive technology is patented worldwide on multiple levels with spin off patents and provisionals filed related to its roll out into Solar PV and storage applications.